Monday, September 1, 2008


Land of 10,000 lakes and many more Canadian geese. MN is beautiful but so different than the Emerald Coast of FL. They don't have hurricanes here..................................................
The eternal thoughts we take time to dwell on, if you're anything like me, are few and far between. Do you think about what happens when your life is over? It's kind of weird I know, but eternity awaits us all at some point, right? We should take some time to do that periodically to help us re-focus on what's important in life. I know that God does want us to see how brief our lives are, and how important it is to lead others to an eternal God that will hug us and love us forever. Meanwhile, I know I will lead a much longer life, thanks to the grace of God and medical science.

5 comments:

Joy Sellers said...

yes, we all get so busy and never stop to see the beauty around us or the wisdom in a word said by someone...I am glad you had a bit of sightseeing! Hope today goes well!

Lacey said...

My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll for surgery tomorrow! I will be anxiously watching the blog for updates!

Love, Lacey and family

Cecil and Joy Sellers said...

It is Wednesday night about 9:15. Just getting home from a rush job - tyranny of the urgent. I thought this a good time to check in on you and see how you feel. Judging from this thought . . . "Do you think about what happens when your life is over? It's kind of weird I know, but eternity awaits us all at some point, right? We should take some time to do that periodically to help us re-focus on what's important in life." . . . Thinking of you tonight causes me to stop and re-focus. You and I have been blessed with a wonderful life and family. What more could we ask. I know that you have given so much of your life for others even outside of family. That is satisfaction supreme. That is answering the eternal call. That is holiness. You have so much more to give and we all look forward to receiving more of your love.
Cecil.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Bloggers Club! When in recovery, you will have time to check out everyone's blogs!

On the more serious note, I agree with my dad, you have so much more to offer us and to share with us and your family...God's not finished, this is merely a stepping stone in life, a hurdle, that you will sail over. We determine whether we will Glide or Fall on the way...your positive outlook and faithful attitude makes all the difference. Believing God CAN and WILL let this be a learning experience for not only you but for your family. We ask why God lets bad things happen to good (or even bad) people...it's all in his reasons, whether we realize it now or later. For me personally, it's to make you grow as a person, become closer to your family, realize what really is important in life...

tatiana stalker said...

Marielos, I believe in you and I know this experience will make you and your fam stronger than ever! Life is so precious, isn't it? I am sure your experience will help me and others appreciate life and see things in a lighter perspective....